Delivery And Installation Of Fiber Optics Last Mile And Provision Of Internet Services To African University Of Science And Technology, Abuja NCB NO: AUST/06/2014/01
National Competitive Bidding
The African University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abuja has received a grant from the African Capacity Building Initiative of AUST in Science and Technology Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to cover eligible payments under the contract for the supply and installation of Fiber Optics Last Mile And Provision Of Internet Services To AUST.
The African University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abuja now invites sealed bids from prospective bidders for the contract, supply and Installation of Fiber Optics Last Mile and Provision of Internet Services to AUST. The scope of the project primarily include:
(1) The supply and installation of fiber optics as last mile to AUST for internet delivery connectivity linked to the Bidder’s existing Point of Presence (POP)of Tier-1 Internet Circuit optic fiber backbone and
(2) The provisions of Internet Service of 15MB download and upload bandwidth speed through a dedicated fiber optics or microwave last mile. Bidders are required to bid for all the above items as a single lot.
(3) Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the ACBF’s Procurement Guidelines for ACBF’s Procurement Guidelines for ACBF grant recipients guidelines(July 2011) and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
(4) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 0900 hours to 1600 hours each working day at the address below.
(5) Qualifications requirements include
(i) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
(ii) Evidence of Licensee from the Nigerian Communication Commission
(iii) Point of Presence (POP) of Tier-1 Internet Circuit Optic Fibre Backbone
(iv) Audited Balance Sheet
(v) Documentary evidence of having executed at least two similar contracts in the last three years
(vi) Liquid assets and or access to lines of credit of at least 25% of the bid price and
(vii) Annual Turnover of at least twice the bid price. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall not be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
(6) A Complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on submission of a written application to the African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, Km 10, Airport Road, Galadimawa, Abuja upon payment of a non- refundable fee of N25, 000.00 payable in a Bank Draft to African University of Science and Technology, Abuja after the Bidding Documents will be sent by courier on request.
(7) Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 12.00 noon, 16th July, 2014 (local time). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 12.00pm, 16th July, 2014 (Local Time). All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of N1million naira or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
(8) The address referred to above is:
Office of the President,
African University of Science and Technology,
Abuja, Km 10, Airport Road, Galadimawa, Abuja