ICT Jobs in Africa
|Mobile And Digital Manager,   Sandton,   South Africa|
The purpose of the Digital Manager is accountability for the Nedbank Insurance digital (i.e. Internet website, Mobile, App, Mobi) presence. The roles focuses primarily on delivering the Marketing Initiatives, including, but not limited to the digital creative, promotions, activations and campaigns, in line with Nedbank Insurance CVP and Brand Image.
Key Performance Areas:
• Work with business stakeholders, in conjunction with the Head of Marketing to understand goals and help define strategy, content and features for the Internet website
• Align web and mobile strategy with overall Group and Cluster digital strategies and developments.
• Align Web and Mobile strategy to support the Business and Marketing Objectives
• Leverage Group and Cluster digital, web and mobile capabilities and developments for Marketing strategy.
• Assist the Business Consultant (Mobile and Digital) to:
o Compile and maintains an ongoing strategy defining the evolution and development of the Nedbank Insurance website (.co.za and .com)
o Review and assesses global and industry trends in web and mobile, incorporating appropriate elements and technologies and into the ongoing strategy
Design and Implementation
• Review all stakeholder Intranet/Internet requests
• Prepare Digital Marketing plans and procure budget for implementation and management
• Oversee design and layout of new features and pages to maintain consistency with the site’s UX (user experience) and digital corporate (Nedbank Insurance) identity.
• Adhere to the Nedbank Insurance Intranet and Internet standards (IIS) and corporate identity requirements
• Sign off designs for all representations (CI and content) of the brand on other digital properties e.g. Intranet, KNET, transactional sites, nedbank.co.za, nedbankgroup.co.za, oldmutual.com.
• Source and receive new and updated content and copy for inclusion on the site
• Collate content updates and additions, and incorporate on the web site consistent with the navigation, tone and “look and feel” of the site.
• Ensure prompt and regular updating of content, copy and features to maintain the currency of the site. Ensure that outdated content is promptly removed.
Maintenance and Availability
• Liaise with above parties to ensure regular updates, upgrades, maintenance and resilience of the site’s technology platform.
• Manage prompt and effective resolution and escalation of technical issues to ensure optimum availability.
• Liaise with Wealth cluster and Group counterparts to ensure the currency and maintenance of the Intranet pages and digital asset repositories.
• Timeous reporting on the Insurance (brand) Mobile performance and presence
Analytics, Search Engine Optimisation and Advertising
• Track and analyse web traffic and site usage, and provide regular and comprehensive reporting to Marketing and other stakeholders.
• Use web traffic analysis to define modifications to the site to optimise usability and navigation.
• Conduct web advertising (ongoing and campaigns) in liaison with Marketing; agree web advertising budgets with Marketing.
• Ensure that the site is optimised for search engines, monitor search results.
• Plan and implement the use of other social media to market the business.
• Support head of Marketing with general, ad-hoc brand initiatives
• Support the Segments Marketing (Personal, Business, Events & Activation, and Comms) with mobile related requirements e.g. Launch
• Establish, manage and maintain relationships with business units / Management, Agencies, Group marketing etc.
• Ensure consistency and currency of digital corporate identity of transactional sites through liaison with the appropriate stakeholders.
• Management of Digital Marketing Budget.
Desired Skills and Experience
Relevant marketing and communication degree.
Job Related Experience:
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably with experience of the Insurance environment
• High level understanding and experience with web and mobile technical aspects
• Communication experience
• Minimum 3 years web development and creative design
• Ability to engage with business and marketing teams on meeting web requirements
• Ability to engage with technical teams on web technology issues
• Personal motivation/result orientated/self-managed
• Planning and organizing
• Problem solving and analysis
• Verbal communication
• Written communication
• Relationship building
• Team player
About the company:
Nedbank Group Limited is a bank holding company that operates as one of the four largest banking groups in South Africa. The company's shares have been listed on the JSE Limited since 1969.
The group offers a wide range of wholesale and retail banking services through four main business clusters, namely Nedbank Capital, Nedbank Corporate, Business Banking and Nedbank Retail. Nedbank Group focuses on southern Africa, with the group positioned to be a bank for all – both from a retail and wholesale banking perspective.
The principal services offered by the group comprise business, corporate and retail banking, property finance, investment banking, private banking, foreign exchange and securities trading. Nedbank Group also generates income from private equity, credit card issuing and processing services, custodial services, unit trust administration, asset management services and banc assurance.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..
FiberGuide Signs an Agreement with Optical Technology Training (OTT) to Deliver Certified Optical Networking Courses in Africa.
The in-depth 5 day training course in optical networking is a key enabler for well-designed and implemented national backbones, metro networks, ..
Uber Fare Boost Raises Income for Drivers, But will it Last?
Uber driver partners are paid 75% of the fare paid by the riders. It follows that when Uber continuously reduce rider fares, partner driver revenue..