ICT Jobs in Africa
|Senior Software Development Engineer,   Cairo,   Egypt|
We are looking for a senior developer with deep and demonstrable knowledge and experience in machine learning and software engineering. Candidates should have a demonstrable experience working on large scale data driven user services and delivering features that drive from analyzing and building on such data. The job requires the resourcefulness and discipline to incubate cutting edge experimental features, coupled with the speed in iterating on ideas/solutions to see solid user enhancements through. The ability to understand complex systems and pipelines, as well as lead and review the work of others is a core part of the job duties. Finally, candidates need to exhibit strong software engineering and leadership skills. Successful candidates would help scope the work of others and take full responsibility of project schedules under constant deadline pressure.
- Architect, implement and lead the delivery of complex machine learning based technologies and features
- Be a team point of reference on practical aspects of machine learning and data mining
- Investigate, understand and change complex back-end pipelines system
- Propose thorough designs (and design changes) for worked on features
- Propose creative solutions to existing problems and perform fast prototyping/experimentation
- Provide technical leadership and drive ideas
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Practical experience or higher studies in Machine Learning
- Previous work on large scale online systems (e.g. Search Engines, Social Networking sites, etc.)
- 8+ years of work experience spanning the above
- Strong coding/problem solving experience
- Ability to lead, review, rate and guide the work of others
- Strong sense of commitment/responsibility and superb time-management skills
- Familiarity with Agile development is a plus
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
- Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx
About this company:
AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN HERE!
At Microsoft, we're about helping customers realize their potential. From gamers to governments, moms to mega-corporations, we serve just about every kind of customer, all over the globe.
Many people think Microsoft = software. We do do software-but we also do hardware, services, research, and more. We work on PC operating systems and applications-like Windows and Windows Live. Products for IT professionals and developers-like Windows Server and Visual Studio. Online services such as Bing and MSN. Business solutions like Office and Exchange. And devices like Xbox, keyboards, webcams, and mice. We're passionate about what we do.
What this means if you come to work here is opportunity-to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives. To reach your potential. So why not take a closer look at Microsoft? We think you'll find that amazing things really do happen here.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..
FiberGuide Signs an Agreement with Optical Technology Training (OTT) to Deliver Certified Optical Networking Courses in Africa.
The in-depth 5 day training course in optical networking is a key enabler for well-designed and implemented national backbones, metro networks, ..
Uber Fare Boost Raises Income for Drivers, But will it Last?
Uber driver partners are paid 75% of the fare paid by the riders. It follows that when Uber continuously reduce rider fares, partner driver revenue..
How to Run Successful Load Tests
Load testing is instrumental to any web or mobile presence, whether it is e-commerce, bookings, media, governmental or something else – a mode..