ICT Jobs in Africa
|Optimization engineer RNOC,   Abidjan,   Ivory Coast|
Req ID: 4860
Perform RF tuning & optimization and other RF related service activities for high capacity wireless networks using GSM & WCDMA technologies; familiar with link budgets, RF propagation from cellular antennas, parameters and Radio features of at least one of the following technologies: GSM & WCDMA; work independently in performing optimization activities; provide training and guidance to less experience persons in the area of expertise; utilize engineering tools such as cell planning tools, drive test data collection and post processing tools, and network performance statistics monitoring and analysis tools; good knowledge of Ericsson product and service portfolio, and competitive offerings; support the preparation of Requests for Proposals if requested.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge on NodeB equipment, RF performance metrics, call flow, system parameters and have knowledge on UTRAN/NodeB equipment. This individual will provide RF technical support to personnel who are diagnosing and troubleshooting NodeB hardware/software GSM/WRAN wireless network system performance and must be able to effectively communicate across various levels of skill sets. The candidate will be able to determine the most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime and prepare report for analysis of service failure trends and service ability issues.
Technical and/or functional skills:
• Performance reports/Post processing tool
• Manage network trials and performance data to identify coverage, capacity and interference problems
• Identification and analysis of key issues on the network in order to achieve QoS targets for 2G/3G
• Ensuring first-class support is given to the resolution of customer problems
• Strong understanding of 3G/2G
• Strong understanding of HSPA concepts.
• Manage 2G/3G optimization within the Regional Optimization Team with supporting performance analysis.
• A comprehensive knowledge of hardware and software features and constraints for 2G/3G
• Ability to collect and analyze data from the 2G/3G networks to resolve problems and make recommendations for improving QoS
• Ability to analyze air interface signalling to help resolve problems and make recommendations for improving QoS
• Ability to develop original processes and procedures
• Ability to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems
• Drive recommendations for changes to the physical and parametric configuration of cells
• Basic knowledge in RF planning
• Counter analysis and understanding
• Good knowledge on 2G/3G Radio parameters and timers
• Working knowledge of MapInfo
• Data throughput optimization for 2G/3G.
• Good knowledge on Neighbor relations and analysis
• Good knowledge in BSS/RNC parameters
• Parameter audit and report preparation
• Analysis of drive test data and recommendation
• Good working knowledge in MS Excel and MS Access
• Performance and root cause analysis of the air interface
• 3G/2G network environment and radio knowledge
• Exposure to tools like TEMS, ACTIX, BO, etc
• Improve cells on following KPIs:
• RRC attempts, RRC Failures, CS/PS RAB attempts, CS/PS RAB failures, DCR, CSTR, SHO attempts/failures, HS attempts, HS retainability failure rate, HS accessibility failure rate.
• Leadership skills: Must be a team player with quality orientation, integrity, openness and learning agility
• Maintain and develop a team of appropriately skilled and knowledgeable optimization engineers.
• Language skills: Good command over verbal and written French & English is required.
• Values and behaviors: Integrity, Openness & Learning agility
Requires Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, MIS or related field and three (3) years of progressive experience tuning and optimizing high-capacity wireless GSM or UMTS networks using RF engineering technology. Requires Masters or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, MIS or related field and two (2) years experience tuning and optimizing high-capacity wireless CDMA & GSM or UMTS networks using RF engineering technology OR Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, MIS or related field and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience tuning and optimizing high-capacity wireless CDMA, GSM or UMTS networks using RF engineering technology.
About this company:
A connected world is just the beginning.
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions.
We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life. We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it.
It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, more informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our job to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..