ICT Jobs in Africa
|Research Analyst - IPDS and Handsets,   Nairobi,   Kenya|
This position is created to assist IDC in increasing focus on existing market research projects. Reporting to the Regional Senior Program Manager, this role supports IDC’s rapidly growing business in all areas of IT. We are looking for Analyst in area of Intelligent Printer Data Stream (IPDS) and Handsets.
- conduct primary and secondary research and data collection in IPDS and Handsets area of ICT
- analyze business and market trends;
- work with quantitative market sizing and forecasting analytical tools;
- prepare thorough and well-organized reports;
- contribute to consulting engagements and play a support role in business development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- experience as Analyst (analytical position) with excellent written and spoken English;
- relevant work experience in research is strongly preferred;
- market research or industry-specific knowledge is a strong plus;
- University degree or equivalent.
Candidate has to be able to demonstrate:
- understanding of the East Africa ICT industry in general;
- ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- excellent writing and presentation skills;
- solid interview skills;
- proficiency with Excel and other MS Office software packages
About this company
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 47 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
FiberGuide Schedules Certified Optical Network Training Event in Zimbabwe
FiberGuide has announced today that it has scheduled its first Full Article
$1.2 Billion Debt - Access Bank, Others Take Over Etisalat
By Chima Akwaja and Nkechi Isaac Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Limited, trading as Etisalat Nigeria, yesterday commenced restructu..
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..