ICT Jobs in Africa
|Research Analyst - IPDS and Handsets,   Nairobi,   Kenya|
This position is created to assist IDC in increasing focus on existing market research projects. Reporting to the Regional Senior Program Manager, this role supports IDC’s rapidly growing business in all areas of IT. We are looking for Analyst in area of Intelligent Printer Data Stream (IPDS) and Handsets.
- conduct primary and secondary research and data collection in IPDS and Handsets area of ICT
- analyze business and market trends;
- work with quantitative market sizing and forecasting analytical tools;
- prepare thorough and well-organized reports;
- contribute to consulting engagements and play a support role in business development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- experience as Analyst (analytical position) with excellent written and spoken English;
- relevant work experience in research is strongly preferred;
- market research or industry-specific knowledge is a strong plus;
- University degree or equivalent.
Candidate has to be able to demonstrate:
- understanding of the East Africa ICT industry in general;
- ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- excellent writing and presentation skills;
- solid interview skills;
- proficiency with Excel and other MS Office software packages
About this company
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 47 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..
FiberGuide Signs an Agreement with Optical Technology Training (OTT) to Deliver Certified Optical Networking Courses in Africa.
The in-depth 5 day training course in optical networking is a key enabler for well-designed and implemented national backbones, metro networks, ..
Uber Fare Boost Raises Income for Drivers, But will it Last?
Uber driver partners are paid 75% of the fare paid by the riders. It follows that when Uber continuously reduce rider fares, partner driver revenue..