ICT Jobs in Africa
|Head of B2B Marketing,   Nairobi,   Kenya|
Telkom Orange is a well-established telecommunications operator that provides integrated communication solutions in the information and communication technology sectors in the Country.
As part of a worldwide community of over 174 million customers on five continents, Telkom Orange is the first integrated operator offering the Kenyan population convergent services in fixed, mobile and wireless telephony, alongside Broadband Internet and other value added services.
Leveraging on Orange’s global leadership in telecommunications solutions and an unprecedented investment in Kenya in network infrastructure since the beginning of 2008, Telkom Orange is committed to growing its customer base through high quality services and the strength of its global brand. To this end, they are investing in a fresh new way to approach business inspired by their global identity. It offers an exciting opportunity, bringing together some of the best talent to embark on a truly rewarding and enriching journey to shape the future of telecommunications in the Region.
Telkom Orange is looking to recruit a dynamic and passionate Head of B2B Marketing who will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing and communication plans, leveraging on both traditional and B2B-specific channels. He/She will work closely with the Group to develop and co-ordinate ELoB programs and events aimed at increased revenues and enhancing customer experience.
The Head of B2B Marketing is a senior position within Telkom Orange, reporting directly to the Chief Carrier Services Officer.
Some of the key areas of responsibility will include:
Defining a dedicated B2B marketing plan and execute it on a yearly basis
• Developing and executing campaigns as well as end-to-end initiatives to increase brand awareness and market share.
• Ensuring that all campaigns and initiatives put in place have a strong customer satisfaction focus.
• Analysing the market and identifying processes and initiatives to increase customer satisfaction.
• Working closely with other key members in the organisation to ensure that all strategies are consistent and are delivering a unified message.
• Managing and developing cross selling opportunities as well as developing collateral to support strategies.
Developing a dedicated B2B customer value proposition specific to each segment
• Developing key messages, value proposition and value quantifications.
• Overseeing the development of sales kits and collateral in order to ensure the message is preserved and the branding meets the standards.
• Managing and reporting on the success of all marketing and communications activities spanning brand, PR, research, collaterals, lead generation campaigns, web development and maintenance, social media, advertising and email marketing for B2B.
• Implementing and driving segmentation marketing, training and support programs.
Managing B2B value and loyalty: Customer Support, Loyalty Program
• Integrating service offers to strengthen Telkom Orange’s solution value proposition, build competitive differentiation and customer retention.
• Developing a loyalty program specific to B2B; encompassing fixed data and mobile offers.
• Ensuring the customer’s voice is heard throughout the integrations of new product and service programs and contributing to a culture of operational excellence.
• Managing and updating the B2B website.
Developing and executing a marketing and communication plan leveraging both traditional and B2B-specific channels
• Developing marketing strategies and ensuring that they are translated into tangible local activities with buy-in from all stakeholders within the company.
• Building the B2B profile as well as extending its capability and messages to customers in the different market segments.
• Overseeing service launches (training, announcements, golf, cocktails, breakfast) and marketing events (programs, customer demos, webinars).
• Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients.
• Reporting on campaign effectiveness and discovering methods to ensure cost effective initiatives.
• Ensuring end-to-end campaign planning, management and execution.
• Monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence updates.
• Overseeing preparation of annual strategic long range plans and annual operational plans for respective programs.
• Working with sales, services design & engineering, service delivery & operation leadership to solve complex business issues.
• Developing and realizing program business plans and tracking key metrics/performance.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and budgets.
• Leading and managing the team and developing them into a motivated, high performing, and engaged workforce.
• Providing coaching, mentorship and training according to the team’s requirements.
• Developing a cooperative team and delegating tasks and authority as necessary.
• Preparing and updating job descriptions for all jobs in his/her team, if there are any changes in the activity of the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
Telkom Orange is an equal opportunity employer and provides good terms and conditions of employment. A diverse set of candidates is being sought for formal consideration.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience and background:
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business/Marketing or a technical discipline from a reputable institution
• 8 years hands on experience in marketing management and/or direct selling in a service or FMCG industry, 5 years of which should be at Senior Management level
• Strong product/ services management, program development and B2B Marketing experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications e.g. Excel, Power point, Microsoft Access, Ms Office
The Ideal Candidate will be a leader who demonstrates the following personal traits:
• Highly decisive with outstanding leadership skills and the ability to mentor and coach junior employees
• A proactive, tenacious and results oriented leader with great initiative
• Excellent commercial acumen with strong negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Good team work, interpersonal and consultative skills, with the ability to build relationships
• Experience in customer/client management with strong interpersonal skills
• Highly creative and innovative, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Enthusiastic with a high level of accountability and integrity
• Good customer orientation
• High personal standards, confidence, self-assured, personable and presentable
• Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented
About this company
The Orange brand embodies the company’s values and optimism to offer relevant services, while focusing on the benefits as much as on the technology. Their signature “Today changes with Orange” captures this everyday commitment to make the world’s digital transformation a simple and useful reality for all. Today, Orange is the world’s 60th most valuable brand, worth $13.829 billion. They are ranked 6th within the telecoms sector – up two places from 2012 – with more than 80% recognition in most of their markets.
Orange is the only integrated telecommunications solutions provider operating in Kenya. They offer mobile telephony services under the GSM and CDMA platforms, fixed line telephone services and internet services. Orange also owns shares in the TEAMS and EASSy cables, in addition to running the National Optic Fibre Backbone Initiative (NOFBI) and its own terrestrial fibre optic network - supporting its data carrier-to-carrier business.
In 2012, Telkom Orange put the LION2 (Lower Indian Ocean Network) cable into service. This 2,700 kilometer cable will substantially increase the company’s bandwidth capacity in Kenya and offer an alternative for connectivity to Asia and Europe.
Orange currently covers the entire country on both the voice and data channels. The company has comprehensive plans in place to meet the Universal Service Provision’s requirements set out by the industry regulator in Kenya, the Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK). In Quarter 3 of 2012, the penetration rate in the mobile market was around 77.2%, corresponding to 30.4 million SIM cards.
2012 was Telkom Kenya’s first year of revenue growth since it was integrated into Orange. Thanks to its investments to upgrade and expand its mobile network, Telkom Kenya was ranked the country’s best mobile operator in terms of network service quality by CCK.
Telkom Kenya’s 2013 plans included reinforcing its return to growth by boosting mobile data traffic and selling integration services to businesses. The company also continued to rationalize its cost structure through an ambitious transformation program, in order to bring its profit margin up to healthy levels.
Through the rapid progression of digital technology, Orange’s role has been to help their customers communicate, interact and collaborate more. Orange is a powerful and positive agent for change, which is why their investments go beyond high performing networks, and into the products and services that make life easier for its customers.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..
FiberGuide Signs an Agreement with Optical Technology Training (OTT) to Deliver Certified Optical Networking Courses in Africa.
The in-depth 5 day training course in optical networking is a key enabler for well-designed and implemented national backbones, metro networks, ..
Uber Fare Boost Raises Income for Drivers, But will it Last?
Uber driver partners are paid 75% of the fare paid by the riders. It follows that when Uber continuously reduce rider fares, partner driver revenue..