ICT Jobs in Africa
|Software Engineer,   Johannesburg,   South Africa|
This position is available in the image processing department of the electronic engineering group
- Development of signal and image processing algorithms.
- Design of algorithms using Matlab and Simulink design tools.
- Simulation and verification of conceptual design in simulation environment.
- Implementation and integration of design in embedded software & firmware environment. (Coding of software in C/C++, firmware in VHDL)
- Integration and testing of algorithms in a PC based and embedded environment.
- Consultation of algorithmic concepts and functional specification with system engineer, development manager and software developers.
- Documentation of algorithm and software modules.
-- Take ownership/technical leadership on sub-system level.
Desired Skills and Experience
South African citizenship is essential.
- B Eng (Electronic)
- M Eng (Electronic) will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- 2 – 5 Years experience in the modelling and simulation of algorithms in Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in embedded development, writing C code, VHDL for FPGAs.
- Experience in the coding of C/C++ software on the LINUX platform will be an advantage.
- Inter personal skills, including the ability to interact with the customer, team members and subcontractor teams.
- Strong analytical thinking skills as innovation and lateral thinking skills will be required.
- Self-driven, self-motivated person willing to take on long-term responsibility.
- Ability to finish a well-rounded and documented product.
- Experience in MS Office packages (Work, Power Point Excel, Project) and Visio is preferred.
- Willingness to be mentored and provide mentorship
About this company
Proud Innovators of Competitive Missile and UAV Solutions
Denel Dynamics is a division of Denel SOC Ltd and is a leader in systems technology. The core business covers tactical missiles, precision-guided weapons and unmanned aerial vehicles. The business is situated in Irene, near Pretoria and employs approximately 800 people (70% of its employees are technically highly qualified). Denel Dynamics has successfully developed, produced, integrated and supported electronic and mechanical engineering systems since 1963, establishing a sound technology base and infrastructure along the way.
Denel is an Employment Equity employer that gives preference to suitable candidates who add to the diversity of the company.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
FiberGuide Schedules Certified Optical Network Training Event in Zimbabwe
FiberGuide has announced today that it has scheduled its first Full Article
$1.2 Billion Debt - Access Bank, Others Take Over Etisalat
By Chima Akwaja and Nkechi Isaac Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Limited, trading as Etisalat Nigeria, yesterday commenced restructu..
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..