ICT Jobs in Africa
|Senior Solutions Architect - Adobe Experience Management Solutions,   Johannesburg,   South Africa|
Adobe Consulting provides high value consulting services to enable our customers gain the maximum benefit from their investment in Adobe's enterprise software products. Engagements range from full life-cycle project delivery, through in-depth product consulting, to mentoring and knowledge transfer to either a customer or systems integration partner. As a Senior Solution Architect you will be expected to have proven experience of delivering complex solutions to customers and be able to work both as an individual and providing technical leadership within a larger project team. This role will also provides support to the Sales and Pre-Sales team in estimating and defining consulting engagements. In reflection of this role in the sales cycle, the billable utilization goal is lower than less senior consultants. This is a field-based job and consultants are expected to be on Customer site for extended periods of time.
• Work closely with Engagement Managers and Sales to define the architecture and amount of Adobe consulting effort required to achieve a successful project outcome for the customer
• Provide solution architecture and technical consulting around Adobe's Digital Marketing products and solutions
• Work on own initiative, without direction for most consulting activities
• Take leadership during project definition, estimating processes and delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to other team members.
• Constructively participate within the Adobe technical community to develop and refine best practices and processes
• Design, development and testing of software in a multi-platform environment
• Deep understanding of development in an Agile environment. Ideally an experienced Scrum Master
• Maintain up to date knowledge of Adobe and related technology (as well as related / competing technologies) to be able to provide value added consulting to customers
• Provide thought leadership to the team and wider consulting community helping to set future strategic direction
Desired Skills and Experience
• Customer satisfaction through professional execution of duties
• Contribution to best practice development
• On time and on budget project delivery
• Collaborative team working across functional areas, such as Product Management, Pre-sales and Sales
• Development of team members, mentoring and identifying skills development opportunities
• Technical risk management within projects Requirements
• Experience of defining the architecture for complex solutions to meet customer expectations
• In-depth knowledge of Java, OSI and experience of n-tier deployments
• Experience of enterprise solution definition and delivery
• Technical leadership during pre-sales activity to scope out detailed delivery requirements
• Extensive experience of Agile development, Scrum Master
• Advocate best practice and proactively promote and develop best practice within the team
• Mentoring team members and proven leadership
• Customer focus, experienced in managing customers expectations
• Additionally, it would be beneficial, but is not essential as training can be provided, if the candidate had knowledge/experience of Adobe Digital marketing products, especially Web Content Management
• Strong experience of enterprise application consulting within a J2EE environments
• Strong Consulting experience of n-tier and SOA solutions
• Confidence, consultative manner and strength of character to manage difficult technical situations with customer
• Customer focused
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Background in OO architecture, design and development
• Strong team leader and player
About this company
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more than two decades, Adobe has been at the heart of making engaging experiences happen, and we fuel the content creation and delivery ecosystem in a way no other technology company can.
Whether it's a smartphone or tablet app, a game, a video, a digital magazine, a website, or an online experience, chances are that it was touched by Adobe technology. Our tools and services enable our customers to create groundbreaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, and then continually measure and optimize it based on user data. By providing complete solutions that combine digital media creation with data-driven marketing, we help businesses improve their communications, strengthen their brands, and ultimately achieve greater business success.
Adobe's business is focused on the opportunities in two key growth markets—Digital Media and Digital Marketing.
Adobe's content authoring solutions lead the industry, enabling our customers to more effectively produce, distribute, and monetize digital content.
Adobe delivers the most innovative solutions for optimizing marketing campaigns and maximizing return on every marketing dollar.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
FiberGuide Schedules Certified Optical Network Training Event in Zimbabwe
FiberGuide has announced today that it has scheduled its first Full Article
$1.2 Billion Debt - Access Bank, Others Take Over Etisalat
By Chima Akwaja and Nkechi Isaac Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Limited, trading as Etisalat Nigeria, yesterday commenced restructu..
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..