ICT Jobs in Africa
|Specialist, Cloud Architect (2 positions) ,   Centurion,   South Africa|
The incumbent will be responsible to analyse and understand the assigned customer's organisation, business, market, network, communications infrastructure and requirements in order to design IT & Cloud solutions according to system engineering principles that satisfy customer requirements.
- Consult with clients, in conjunction with the Cybernest Business Development Management, to identify IT & Cloud solution opportunities within the account
- Scope and design IT & Cloud solutions for clients based on a catalogue of products and building blocks
- Develop solution pricing including supporting pricing models
- Develop technical and pricing sections of Client proposals
- As part of the opportunity team take responsibility for presenting and selling the technical solution
- Ensure clean hand-over of solutions to Cybernest operations for implementation and delivery
- Provide input to Product Development based on client interactions to influence Cybernest future direction
- Implement sound knowledge management principles and project management principles to react swiftly to requests and to reduce lead time significantly
Desired Skills and Experience
Required qualification: A relevant 3 year B.Degree/equivalent, preferably in ICT related discipline (NQF Level 7). Applicable industry Certification will be required, e.g. VMWARE VCP, MCSE.
Experience: 5 Years' experience in architecture and planning in an ICT or IT business.
Proven experience in risk management, project management and contract management.
Knowledge management experience is required.
Passionnate in driving Data Centre Strategies.
IT Architecture; Business Acumen; DC Pillars SAN, Network & Servers; Data Centre Operations; Telkom Infrastructure; Business Management; Telecoms Regulatory Environment; Systems Engineering; Information Systems Technology.
Interpersonal; Analytical; Relationship Building;Communication; Innovation; Networking; Entrepreneurial; Logic Reasoning; Target and Deadline Driven; Customer Orientation; Professional Conduct; Detail & Quality Oriented; Consultative Selling; Negotiation Techniques; Problem Solving.
Ethical; Tactful; Customer Focused; Team Player; Integrity.
About this company
Telkom is committed to giving its customers seamless connectivity for a better life.
Telkom offers crystal clear voice, superfast broadband and robust IT solutions, over both fixed and mobile networks. This makes the company truely differentiated as the converged operator in South Africa.
Telkom has been the foundation of South African communications for more than 140 years, and it has built a unsurpassed footprint of copper, fibre and wireless technologies in the country.
Telkom's managed data solutions are used by most of the large, corporate and global companies in Southern Africa. Telkom offers broadband internet and voice services to most of the fixed residential and small/medium business customers in the country.
Telkom's focus is to improve the experience of its customers - to evolve its relationship from just a service provider, to being a truly integrated partner, to all the business, home and wholesale customers it serves.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
FiberGuide Schedules Certified Optical Network Training Event in Zimbabwe
FiberGuide has announced today that it has scheduled its first Full Article
$1.2 Billion Debt - Access Bank, Others Take Over Etisalat
By Chima Akwaja and Nkechi Isaac Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Limited, trading as Etisalat Nigeria, yesterday commenced restructu..
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..