ICT Jobs in Africa
|Data Analyst (NV.BIB.007),   Johannesburg,   South Africa|
With over two decades of expert knowledge and experience as information management specialists, PBT is a recognised leader in Business Intelligence and data warehousing and has extended its competency base to cover data quality and advanced analytics.
We pride ourselves to be a company who attracts, recruits and retains consultants of an exceptional calibre, not only within BI, but also within focused areas of Application Development.
We have worked in more than 25 countries around the world and are currently implementing large-scale projects throughout Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
PBT Group, leaders in Business Intelligence, has a vacancy for Mid - Senior Data Analyst within the Business Intelligence environment, and preferably with experience in the Telecommunications Industry.
- Analyse business requirements from documents and end-user discussions.
- Identify and define the data requirements necessary to support business requirements or integrated application and subject areas.
- Identify and define the security requirements necessary to protect the data items.
- Identify and define the business rules associated with the data; these should include all data integrity / constraint requirements.
- Identify and perform detailed analysis of all data sources for each application and subject area.
- Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
- Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
- Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
- Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
- Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application-level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
- Assist Data Modellers to draw up detailed data models.
- Assist ETL Analysts to draw up data cleansing specifications.
- Present data quality anomalies and problem areas to business users and source system owners.
- Validate data models against the business- and data requirements.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, integrity and conformity to standards of all models.
- Provide accurate metadata, which allows full understanding of the project data components.
- Coordinate and synchronise data models with process and technical models.
- Identify data and data model inconsistencies and conflicts and assist the users in their resolution.
- Transition information and assist the DBA’s with physical implementation of the data models.
- Transition information and assist develops with the data mapping and transformation and provide additional data analysis as required during the development phase.
- Communicate project data-related information to Architects, DBA’s, Developers and Users.
- Work with modelling tools and data repository to maintain project deliverables.
- Responsible for the support and analysis of current and new business requirements with the focus on meeting the relevant business objectives. The individual will be responsible to operate within both support and project environments.
- Analyse the business environment related to the past, present and future.
- Work with Project Manager to assist with the estimation and planning of activities.
- Document requirements, including KPI’s, measures, reporting and business dimensions, business processes, data modelling requirements, interface layouts, data flows, screen and report layouts, etc.
- Investigate and define requirements for business processes and the documentation thereof.
- Formulate strategies and guidelines to improve the business environment.
- Analyse existing business processes to determine problems, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate the implementation of new / enhanced processes.
- Review processes on an on-going basis and conduct process audits.
- Render support to and facilitate sessions with end-users.
- Work closely with the Solution Architects and Data Modellers to design and implement the best possible solution within the limits of the tools available.
- System and user acceptance testing.
- Provide input to Quality Assurance.
- Business assistance during implementation.
- Provide input for user training.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of data profiling and data profiling tools.
- Experience with data quality management strategies and life cycles.
- Telco Experience would be a definite advantage.
- Willing to travel to African & Middle Eastern Countries (preference would be given to candidates with 1 or more African and /or Middle Eastern languages).
- Oracle & SQL Experience
- Substantial Business Analyst experience in a BI environment.
- A good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to assimilate and apply relevant business principles.
- Work on more than one project at a time.
- Be able to work within the framework of project methodologies and work independently on support and maintenance tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Good general understanding of the relevant industry.
- Work independently.
- Must be a team player.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Ideally candidates should have an IT or business-related qualification.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- Course(s) on data profiling and data quality management.
- FTI or similar BA qualification will be advantageous.
About this company
PBT Group (est. 1998) is a Business Intelligence and Healthcare solutions provider to large national and international clients. We empower businesses to analyse data intelligently and deliver real, measurable bottom-line value. We have worked in more than 25 countries around the world and are currently implementing large-scale projects throughout Africa, the Middle East and Australia – in banking, insurance, healthcare, telecommunications and retail. Being product-independent, we provide end-to-end solutions that support our clients’ business, rather than the business having to map to the technology. Our consultants are technology - rather than product - specialists, therefore can perform comprehensive integration of various products and solutions. With a staff complement of more than 250 highly skilled professional consultants with more than 1.6 million hours BI experience, we have a reputation for delivery according to expectations. Worldwide expertise and local wisdom - that’s what makes us different!
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..
FiberGuide Signs an Agreement with Optical Technology Training (OTT) to Deliver Certified Optical Networking Courses in Africa.
The in-depth 5 day training course in optical networking is a key enabler for well-designed and implemented national backbones, metro networks, ..
Uber Fare Boost Raises Income for Drivers, But will it Last?
Uber driver partners are paid 75% of the fare paid by the riders. It follows that when Uber continuously reduce rider fares, partner driver revenue..