ICT Jobs in Africa
|IT Manager, EG Asset,   Malabo,   Equitorial Guinea|
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company primarily engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
More information on Hess Corporation is available at http://www.hess.com.
The primary responsibility of the Manager, EG Asset Support is to manage the delivery and support of all IT services to the Equatorial Guinea (EG) and Ghana in-country Asset organizations/offshore operational businesses, enabling the development and growth of the business through the effective use of technology. This will be a residential position based in Bome, EG with focus to providing direct management and mentorship of the local team. This role will act as the single point of contact on IT matters to the EG and Ghana in-country asset organizations and leadership teams, and will deliver/broker IT services with emphasis on functional disciplines relating to oil & gas operations. The successful candidate will have to be able to demonstrate a depth of experience and knowledge in these areas. Strong management, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this position as well as possession of a strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage delivery of IT services to the West Africa operational businesses including:
* EG Shore Base operations (Bome, Luba and Malabo).
* EG Offshore production operations.
* Ghana Shore Base operations (Accra and Takoradi).
* Facilitate / manage major IT project activities specific to the West Africa region, ensuring delivery of project objectives are within time, budget and resource expectations.
* Working independently, with the wider Offshore IT team, and IT CoE functional groups, help ensure the implementation of the strategic goals/objectives outlined in Hess’ E&P IT Destination, as they relate to the West Africa region.
* Manage local team in support of major shore base and offshore operations located EG and Ghana. Liaise with local business as required:
* Establish appropriate performance management objectives.
* Provide mentoring and career development.
* Provide process and technology guidance and leadership in line with E&P technology principles, E&P IT standards and industry best practices.
* Develop, build and maintain relationships with key business customers in the operational business units, to build trust and cooperation, and to ensure continued alignment with their business objectives and strategies. Formalize relationships with operational leadership. teams to become the single-point of contact responsible for all IT services to the business. This includes:
* EG and Ghana Country Managers.
* EG and Ghana Offshore Operations Managers.
* EG and Ghana Leadership Teams.
* Liaise closely with other functional E&P IT groups to ensure enterprise architecture principles, technology standards and process best practices are observed, promoted and upheld; and to help build the reputation of the E&P IT organization as a value-added service to the E&P business.
* Develop the annual budget and steward the process.
* Willingness to travel in support of project activities where required.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of significant and relevant IT and/or E&P industry experience
* Detailed knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry
* Extensive and direct experience of delivering IT services with a demonstrable record of successful delivery in an upstream oil & gas environment
* Strong leadership skills, preferably with relevant experience in leading diverse, multi-national team and of managing/developing staff as well as mentoring/coaching
* Knowledge of principal IT infrastructure and system technologies required in support of oil & gas operations
* High performance, delivery-focus with an emphasis on task ownership and completion. Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, methodical and diligent approach
* Ability to multi-task and be flexible, potentially working many concurrent tasks through obstacles to a successful conclusion.
Education, Training & Certifications
* Degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
* Builds Trusted Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Creates Effective Teams
* Thinks Strategically
* Inspires Innovation
* Demonstrates Courage
* Drives Continuous Improvement
* Makes Quality Decisions
* Delivers High Performance
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..