ICT Jobs in Africa
|Business Analyst- IT,   Johannesburg,   South Africa|
The Business Analyst (BA) has the primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify the needs of the stakeholders, customers and end users. The BA serves as the conduit between the customer and IT using the PROLaunch for IT methodology and IT Service Management.
The BA works with internal and external clients to develop and document all user requirements that must be implemented to successfully meet business needs. The BA is involved throughout the entire project life cycle of runners, minor repeaters, major repeaters, and Stranger/Aliens. Possesses working knowledge of higher level project management by assisting the Project Managers on more complex projects including major repeaters, strangers and occasionally aliens. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements through testing in the validation phase.
The seasoned individual contributors will possess a broad knowledge of principles and practices, including ERP experience.
The BA verifies processes with BPO’s (ERP Business Process Owners and Key User), provides BPO training across the organization within EMEA and manage the BPO structure in alignment with the BRM (Business Relationship Manager) and his direct manager
The BA will also work with IT Center of Excellence to support operations and governance. The BA is involved in co-ordination of activity around release and maintenance planning, system regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, test script maintenance and other related activities to support operations and governance.
The BA is able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to the organization’s business operations. Decisions are typically based on extensive acumen and seasoning and results achieved enhance the intellectual capital of the organization and affects its overall capability. Works with a greater degree of independence, conferring with manager on the more complex or unusual assignments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
A. Meet with decision makers, systems owners, support team, local BPO’s, key and end users to define, document, and communicate business, financial, and operations requirements.
B. Builds strong relationships and open communications with key members of the supported operation(s).
C. Acts as a conduit between the business and the IT community, ensuring operational improvement while adhering to IT processes and effectively managing expectations.
D. Facilitates the project request process, working with the operations to quantify business benefits and assist in the prioritization process.
E. Gathers requirements using lean techniques, including business process descriptions, values stream mapping, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, and workflow analysis.
F. Leverages knowledge of business applications and technology, to evaluate business requests and project solutions utilizing project management methodology.
G. May be required to lead small to medium complex projects
H. Performs and coordinates regression testing of all enhancements, modifications, etc., including all work carried out by the outsourcing partners as required.
I. Develops and maintains test scripts in conjunction with Center of Excellence and project teams.
J. Coordinates user acceptance testing, plans/coordinates deployment, designs appropriate measures to report on success and client user adoption of implementations and ensure customer satisfaction.
K. May support applications training for end users
L. Ensure compliance with SOX and other Eaton standards
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements) DIMENSIONS:
• Project and enhancement completion achieves target ROI (Operational Contribution or Cost-Out) or other benefit such as compliance
o experience in delivering operational, engineering or production benefits through business process and system projects or
o experience in delivering sales improvements (OTTR) and growth through business process and system projects
• Will interact with outsource partners and COE’s as required and help identify and drive support level improvements using KPI’s
• Multi-location responsibility
• No direct reports
• Minimum of 5 years IT, business-facing experience
• Detailed knowledge of ERP system functionality; preferably SysPro
• Proven track record in exceeding customer expectations
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Experience of project management concepts and capable of implementing Eaton’s IT functional excellence practices
• Bachelor degree in Business or Information Systems is preferable
• Experienced in operating independently while collaborating in virtual teams
• Detailed knowledge of end-to-end business processes
• Early experience of Project Management concepts & IT Functional Excellence practices
• Must be able to communicate effectively with business, technical stakeholders and external partners
• Strong business and analytical skills, experience of writing detailed requirements specifications and test scenarios
6. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
• Demonstrated experience developing requirements and written documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret large, complex business processes and systems.
• Functional ERP Experience required, preferably working experience of Syspro.
• Experience working in a high-pressure multitasking environment.
• Self-starter experienced working independently and on a team.
• Experience working on multiple, complex projects delivered on-time and error-free.
• Experience interfacing with multiple levels of IT professionals, business customers, and vendors.
• Excellent requirements planning and management, including defining and managing scope, requirements changes and expectations
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Willingness to travel as required (up to 25%), based on assignment needs.
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..
FiberGuide Signs an Agreement with Optical Technology Training (OTT) to Deliver Certified Optical Networking Courses in Africa.
The in-depth 5 day training course in optical networking is a key enabler for well-designed and implemented national backbones, metro networks, ..
Uber Fare Boost Raises Income for Drivers, But will it Last?
Uber driver partners are paid 75% of the fare paid by the riders. It follows that when Uber continuously reduce rider fares, partner driver revenue..
How to Run Successful Load Tests
Load testing is instrumental to any web or mobile presence, whether it is e-commerce, bookings, media, governmental or something else – a mode..