ICT Jobs in Africa
|Senior IT Support Analyst,   Lome,   Togo|
Your main role will be to assume the function of Senior IT Support Analyst for Africa. Your duties are the following:
Assist end-users with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware and software to ensure continued usability of equipment and software at a Tier II level to include, but not limited to: Network Connectivity, MS Office including Outlook and PDA support, and Windows Operating Systems
Analyze, evaluate and test software and hardware problems related to LAN / WAN
User and hardware support for France & Spain
Utilize and maintain IT ticketing system to manage and document resolution for all IT support tickets for Africa
Prepare activity and progress reports regarding support activities
Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments
Provide timely responses to client and management requests. Status updates on such requests need to be provided on a regular basis
Track and update the movement of all IT assets (laptops, desktops, printers, etc) within the stipulated database and within time constraints
Maintain the Desktop Support SOPs and Training manuals for Tier II support
Support video conference equipment to include training, setup and problem resolution Processes, documents, and tracks all incoming requests and interactions to the help desk
Assist with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems for Africa
Maintain current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary
Must keep an assets list of all equipment purchased and upgraded for Africa
Coordinate procurement and distribution of IT equipment and applications for Africa
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum completion of two years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field
• 5 years of professional experience related to general computer installation, maintenance and repair or other experiences sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
• Computer hardware, software and peripherals: laptops, desktops, blackberry, I phone, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, printers, plotters and modems; Microsoft technologies including (but not limited to) Microsoft server and desktops operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite of applications, Microsoft System Center suite of applications, Microsoft SQL server, and Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007
• Current technology related to company applications, networks and telecommunications and the equipment and software required to maximize system support
• Principles, practices, hardware and software related to the establishment and maintenance of LAN’s and WAN’s
• Techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users
• Monitoring the company’s LAN’s and WAN’s
• Troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems
• Using initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
• Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical time deadlines
• Fluent in English and French
International travel expected in the range of 10 to 20% maximum
About this company
ContourGlobal® develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. We are able to move quickly on niche opportunities, with a broad expertise in the full range of traditional and alternative electricity-generation technologies. The company was founded in 2005 by current CEO Joseph Brandt, along with Reservoir Capital Group, a $4 billion USD New York-based investment fund. In its short 6-year history, CG has grown through greenfield and brownfield development and acquisitions and has become an important player in the energy markets. Today, ContourGlobal® is uniquely positioned to continue its expansion through various ongoing growth projects.
We base our portfolio investments on what makes sense for the client and location. That could mean using methane extracted from a Rwandan lake to fuel electricity-producing gas engines, or combining existing technologies to develop a “quad-generation” solution that provides four types of generation—power, heating, cooling and a source of CO2—for a multinational beverage bottler. We operate a portfolio with multiple fuels as well as renewable energy in two distinct lines of business: Developing and operating large, central-station generating plants to supply national grids in high-growth markets; Partnering with multinational companies to boost production-facility efficiency—and improve environmental profiles—in mature markets.
ContourGlobal® is a multinational company with more than $4 billion of assets and more than $1 billion of revenue. Despite these established-business figures, however, we remain true to our entrepreneurial roots, with leaders who understand the need to act quickly when new opportunities emerge.
Because we invest our own financial and personnel resources in every project, we are committed to both fiscal transparency and worker safety. We have deep expertise in the laws, regulations and tariff structures in every location in which we operate. We have zero tolerance for corruption or unsafe working conditions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ContourGlobal.com/
Please send resumes to: Careers@ContourGlobal.com
TOP ICT AFRICA HEADLINES
Mainone Says Will Become Largest Internet Hub in West Africa With Open-Connect Service
By Yemisi Odusanya MainOne, a telecom company said it planned to become largest internet hub in West Africa with Open-Connect Service.Mrs Funke ..
EUTELSAT 172B Satellite Begins Ascent to Geo
Launched last Friday by an Ariane 5 rocket, the EUTELSAT 172B satellite has entered a new phase of its journey into space with the initiation of th..
Nigerian Govt to Build $1 Billion ICT Coy
By Abbas Jimoh and Victoria Onehi The Federal Government has said it would build a $1bn Information Communication and Technology (ICT) company i..
MTC Namibia Erects 14 New Transmission Towers
By Ngaevarue Katjangua Windhoek — The Mobile Telecommunications company (MTC) has erected 14 new network towers countrywide over a period of f..