Accra — GHANA'S National Communications Authority (NCA) has lifted the ban it imposed on Vodafone Ghana following the company's nationwide blackout last month.
This comes about two weeks before the end of the original sanction period initially issued by the NCA.
The NCA said Vodafone had met some conditions set to pave way for the lifting of the ban.
Vodafone, following the ban, was directed by the NCA to rectify among others some anomalies as part of conditions required for lifting the ban.
It included investigation and rectifying of all issues on their core network following which the Authority would conduct a series of tests.
This included implementing a permanent fix on their Recharge Platform and ensuring that identified defective equipment were replaced.
The network was also directed to compensate consumers.
"Following various actions taken by Vodafone and reported to the Authority, NCA has since conducted series of verification tests on the network between June 25, 2014 and July 6, 2014 regarding the remedial measures on the outage that occurred on 3rd June, 2014," NCA stated.
"The verification tests have proved that Vodafone Ghana has met all the requirements to ensure network stability and consumer satisfaction. As a result, the Authority has lifted the ban," NCA statement said.
The sanctions NCA imposed included the acquisition of new subscribers, sale of New SIM Cards, porting subscribers from other networks to Vodafone, introduction of new services, promotions and offers among others.
Originally, the sanctions were to be in place until July 31.
According to the NCA the sanctions were not punitive but were to ensure that Vodafone puts in place measures to ensure quality and consistent service delivery.
"It should be noted that the main objective of the ban was to ensure that Vodafone Ghana puts in place measures to ensure quality and consistent service delivery, and not meant to be punitive."